WVU Lineup Early Look

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Jon Perkins

WVU Lineup Early Look

Postby Jon Perkins » Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:37 am

With the new roster posted lets discuss some possible ways the lineup could look. Most of the weight classes are set but a few have some question marks. Lets discuss:
125: Jett should be the guy, but he obviously had some weight issues last year. Do we see him in this spot all year, does he move up to 133, or do we see him do the heavy lifting while someone like Mason Mills or Jace Schafer handles the light work throughout the year.
133: They got Tommy Maddox from the transfer portal but he is certainly no world beater, hopefully he will be an improvement. Of all the True Freshmen listed at 133 I would say Mason Kernan probably has the most talent, so do we see him step up and take the spot like Ty Watters did last year.
141: Jordan Titus is the man here. Hopefully with a little more improvement and some luck on him staying healthy he can make a good run at a podium finish.
149: Ty Watters is ranked in the top 5 and will be in the All-Star Classic, with some luck he can stay healthy and challenge for a National Championship.
157: Caleb Dowling is in his final year and has showed some promise in the past, lets hope he can put a good season together.
165: Peyton Hall will be going for his third All-American finish.
174: Brody Conley will be here. With some minor improvement and tightening a few things up in the off season he can be a serious podium contender.
184: Dennis Robin is the old wily veteran here. Can he fend off the True Freshman Hoke Hogan for the spot?
197: Austin Cooley has held this spot for the last few years, but I see Rune Lawrence saying, "This is my spot now."
HWT: Michael Wolfgram has one last shot to show us what he is made of, and from the lineup this weight class is looking awful skinny in depth.

Return to “Collegiate”